Singlish VS English_____
>Everyone should use Singlish because it's much more economical n >effective!
Here's why: > >***** > >
When going shopping_____
> >ENGLISH: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you >want in your size. If you'll give me a moment, I can call the other >outlets for you.
> >SINGLISH: No stock! > >*****
> >When returning a call_____
> >ENGLISH: Hello, this is Mr. Bean. Did anyone page me a few moments >ago?
> >SINGLISH: Hello, who page? > >*****
> >When someone is in the way_____ >
>ENGLISH: Excuse me, I'd like to get by. Will you please make way?
> >SINGLISH: Lai, siam!/Siam hor!/Skius!(Excuse) > >*****
> >When someone offers to pay_____
> >ENGLISH: Hey, put your wallet away. This drink's on me.
> >SINGLISH: No need lah! > >*****
> >When asking for permission_____
> >ENGLISH: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to >enter through this door?
> >SINGLISH: (Points at door) Can pass or not? > >*****
> >When asking to be excused_____
> >ENGLISH: If you would excuse me for a moment, I have to go to the >washroom. Carry on without me, it would only take a moment.
> >SINGLISH: Go toilet! Buay tahan... > >*****
> >When doubting someone_____
> >ENGLISH: I don't recall you giving me the money.
> >SINGLISH Got meh? > >*****
> >When disagreeing on a topic of discussion_____
> >ENGLISH: Err, Tom, I have to stop u there. I understand where you >are coming from but I really have to disagree with what you said >about the policy.
> >SINGLISH: Talk cock lah u! > >*****
> >When asking someone to lower their voice_____
> >ENGLISH: Excuse me, but can you lower your voice? I'm trying to >concentrate over here. > >SINGLISH: Aye, tiam lah! > >*****
> >When asking someone if s/he recognises you_____
> >ENGLISH: Excuse me, but I noticed you staring at me. Do I know you?
> >SINGLISH: See what see?! Buay Song ah!
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment